About Your Session
What’s involved in a session? The first step is to get acquainted! I like to start with a quick call with each of my clients to get to know you & explain how my sessions work. After you choose your session date, I request a $350 deposit to confirm your spot. Before your session takes place, I’ll send you my personal tip sheet to help you feel prepared. I’m happy to consult on what to wear and provide styling tips for your session!
- How long is a typical session? Most of my photo sessions are about one hour. I work quickly and keep things lively, and calmly guide you along throughout the session. Trust me, the time flies by!
- How do I choose a location? Our choice of location may depend on the age of your children/family or preferred time of day. I have many favorite locations to suggest! We might meet at an outdoor park, public open space, or at your home. (For new locations, I’ll suggest a brief site visit beforehand).
- When will I receive my proofs? You’ll receive a set of proofs via an online gallery for review within one week of our session. Then we’ll set up an ordering appointment by phone or in person to help you in making your final decisions.
- Will I get digital images? What about print products? YES! With your digital image package, you’ll receive a link to your selected high resolution digital images, to keep forever. I also strongly suggest printing at least a few of your favorite images on special archival paper that will last for generations.
- What about retouching? The images in your proof gallery are already lightly retouched for color + exposure. Once you select your favorite images to keep, finer retouching is available.
- If you have any of your own ideas you’d like to share with me or incorporate, please let me know!